It’s my pleasure to welcome you to the 2017-2018 school year. I hope you and your families enjoyed the summer months, and are ready for another year of learning and achievement.
Here at CACPCS, we believe there are two essential rules for school success. Below you will find our school rules and a few suggestions as to how you can support your child in being the best he/she can be.
- Be the best scholar you can be and learn as much as possible.
- Make sure your child attends school every day in his/her uniform. This may mean adjusting summer schedules so your child has ample time to rest and unwind each evening in preparation for the next day.
- Ensure your child has a quiet place to complete homework and read on a nightly basis. Remember, the purpose of homework is to review skills and concepts previously learned. Thus, your child should be able to complete his/her homework independently.
- Ask your child what he/she learned in school today. Taking a few minutes to do this each evening can have a lasting impact.
- Make this school a great place for all to live and learn in.
- Take advantage of opportunities that will support your child’s success at home. Be sure to consult the Family Calendar and weekly Family Bulletin for more details regarding parent workshops and school events.
- Encourage your child to embody our Core Values:
Compassion, Achievement, Curiosity, Perseverance, Courage and Service.
- Be knowledgeable about our schoolwide policies and procedures. Review the Family Handbook and reach out to the Main Office with any clarifying questions.
I’d love to add your suggestions to the list above, and I look forward to seeing you at Back to School Night on 9/12 (Grades K-2) and 9/14 (Grades 3-6) at 4:30pm.
Again, I extend a warm welcome to all of you today and always.
You and your families are a huge part of what makes CACPCS so successful. Let’s continue to make our school a great place for all to live and learn in.
Casey Vier, Principal