Attendance is So Important!!!!
- Poor attendance can influence whether children read proficiently by the end of third grade or be held back.
- By 6th grade, chronic absence becomes a leading indicator that a student will drop out of high school.
- The academic impact of missing that much school is the same whether the absences are excused or unexcused.
- When students improve their attendance rates, they improve their academic prospects and chances for graduating.
- Attendance improves when schools engage students and parents in positive ways and when schools provide mentors for chronically absent students.
Does your child need a success mentor? Please contact your child's life coach today.
K-1st grades: Mr. Cruz and Ms. Campbell
2nd-3rd grades: Ms. Pardo
4th-5th grades: Ms. Andre