The Children's Aid College Prep Charter School aims for 100% of students to have health insurance coverage, up to date with routine child care, scheduled immunizations and dental visits, and that children with documented chronic medical conditions have appropriate 504’s on file yearly. Additionally, students and parents are aware of and will achieve their healthy child/healthy choices goals.
Tools for Achievement
- Parents completea self-reporting tool and questionnaire to provide info on child’s insurance status
- Have students’ primary care physicians complete and submit yearly physical exam as evidence of child visits and immunizations and screened for any social, emotional or cognitive delays
- Refer parents to facilitated enrollers at CAS when necessary
- Orient parents to healthy child goals
- School hosts events and workshops in support of healthy choices