Director of Operations
The Children’s Aid College Prep Charter School (CACPCS) is a community school whose mission is to prepare elementary school students for success in school and in life by providing them with a rigorous instructional experience, addressing their physical, emotional and social needs, fostering a sense of pride and hope, and serving as a safe and engaging community hub.
The Director of Operations ensures implementation and maintenance of clear operational systems that support student learning. The Director of Operations is an individual who embraces innovation and continuous improvement and consistently finds ways to work smarter and more cost-efficiently.
The Director of Operations reports to the Principal and manages the Operations Team. He/she is a member of the School Leadership Team, works collaboratively with teachers and families, oversees the financial management, and acts as the primary interface with the School’s institutional partner, the Children’s Aid Society.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures efficient school operations through effectively managing the relationship between the School and CAS
- Ensures the School meets all reporting requirements as articulated by the School’s Trustees, CAS, SUNY, NYSED and the NYCDOE
- Works closely with the Principal to develop the School’s annual budget
- Maintains the budget throughout the year by participating in monthly budget meetings to review budget variances, actively monitoring school spending, and proactively seeking opportunities to ensure spending is always aligned to the school’s academic priorities
- Serves as the first school-based point of contact regarding finance and works with CAS Finance to ensure financial compliance and reporting
- Oversight of accounts payable and
- Ensures that school staff have complete, current, and accurate employee files and certifications and all personnel interacting with students have background checks on file
- Ensures that school-based employees receive timely and accurate payroll and benefits
- Collaborates with CAS Marketing to develop and manage a student recruitment strategy to ensure that the School begins the academic year with full classes and fills open seats
- Ensures that parent info sessions, school tours, and the lottery and enrollment process are tightly planned and executed
Student Information & Assessment
- Manages systems for and maintains accurate student data and information in compliance with federal, state, regional and school standards
- Supports the Principal and Academic Deans to manage the logistical elements of all major student assessments
External Relations and Development
- Collaborates to build and maintain school partnerships with colleges, businesses, non-profits, and community leaders
- Manages the creation, printing and mailings of materials including annual reports and brochures
- Manages visitor program by coordinating visitor days for community members, parents, elected officials, and others who want to learn more about the school
- Oversees the School’s physical condition facilities to ensure the maintenance of a safe, clean and inviting learning environment
- Engages in the long-term facilities planning, design and development process in collaboration with CAS staff
- Hires and manages all contractors/organizations who provide services to the school once the school is in its long-term facility
- Oversees the purchase and maintenance of technology equipment, infrastructure, implementation of technology training, and management of technology consultant relationships
- Manages the quality and accuracy of the school’s website in collaboration with the CAS IT Department and Marketing and Communications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business management, organization management and/or a closely related field; Master’s degree preferred
- At least two years of experience in financial accounting, preferably in an educational environment and/or at least two years of experience in an operational capacity in an educational environment;
- Knowledge of relevant Education Codes and related laws and regulations, particularly those sections covering school finance requirements, accounting procedures, the audit process and school operations. Familiarity with appropriate government programs and grants preferred;
- Knowledge of and experience with school facilities and relevant technologies;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences including Trustees, administrators, teachers, parents, students, vendors.
- Spanish proficiency a plus
We offer a competitive, compensation package that includes base salary, comprehensive health benefits, and retirement benefits.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com