The Children’s Aid College Prep Charter School is a community school whose mission is to prepare elementary school students for success in school and in life by providing them with a rigorous instructional experience, addressing their physical, emotional and social needs, fostering a sense of pride and hope, and serving as a safe and engaging community hub.
We are looking for a dynamic Business Manager to lead and oversee the business operation of our school. The position is responsible for ensuring the efficiency of business operations as well as assisting school leadership in setting strategic goals for the future. The ideal candidate will be well-‐versed in all business matters. S/he will be a competent leader able to provide guidance that enhances performance in a manner that incorporates the school’s vision and culture. The Business Manager’s key responsibility is to drive the school’s financial sustainability and long-‐term success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with the Principal in developing the annual budget.
- Oversees the budget to maintain effective fiscal control.
- Coordinates fiscal reporting, budgeting, and cash flow projections in partnership with the Children’s Aid Society’s Fiscal Department.
- Prepares and submits monthly financial reports to the Principal.
- Prepares financial reports to outside agencies as required.
- Serves as Management Liaison to the Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Oversees implementation of the School’s Financial Policies and Procedures and proposes revisions as needed.
- Develops and maintains effective internal controls.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Ensures compliance with all financial and operational requirements of the Charter.
- Manages business contracts, leases and agreements.
- Manages procurement, payroll, and state and federal audits.
- Manages annual financial audit, tax filings and 990 filings with independent auditor.
- Partners with the Children’s Aid Society’s Development Team on grant proposals and fundraising initiatives.
- Coordinates the School’s marketing and outreach efforts, including student and staff recruitment.
- Maintains comprehensive personnel records, monitoring staff eligibility and certification requirements, and communicating changes and issues with the Principal.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business management, organization management and/or a closely related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant Education Codes and related laws and regulations, particularly those sections covering school finance requirements, accounting procedures, the audit process and school operations. Familiarity with appropriate government programs and grants preferred.
- Working knowledge of computer applications including accounting software, spreadsheets, databases, and word processing.
- Knowledge of and experience with school facilities and relevant technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences including Trustees, administrators, teachers, parents, students, vendors, and community-‐based resources.
- Spanish proficiency strongly preferred.
We offer a competitive, compensation package that includes base salary and comprehensive health benefits which evolve with employee needs over time. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including workspace, laptop computer, email, high-‐speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
East Tremont section of the Bronx, NY
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com